Botanical Name: Lavandula Officinalis
Plant Part: Flowers
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Aromatic Scent: Lavender French has a sweet, floral note preferred by many.
- properties: analgesic, anti-convulsive, anti-depressant, anti-phlogistic, anti-rheumatic, anti-septic, anti-spasmodic, anti-viral, bactericide, carminative, cholagogue, cicatrisant, cordial, cytophylactic, decongestant, deodorant, and diuretic.
- used with burns and healing of the skin; anti-septic and analgesic properties which will ease the pain of a burn and prevent infection; cytophylactic properties promote rapid healing and help reduce scarring.
- used for its calming effect on the body and may reduce anxiety, stress, and promote better sleep.
- used for aromatherapy and therapeutic massage experiences.
- Add a few drops of Lavender oil to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet at bedtime.
- Keep a bottle of Lavender oil on hand to soothe occasional skin irritations.
- Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air by combining Lavender essential oil with water in a spray bottle.
- Take orally to reduce anxious feelings.*
- Use in cooking to soften citrus flavors and add a flavorful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts.
- Apply topically to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections.
- Add a few drops to bath water to soak away stress or apply to the temples and the back of neck.
Directions for Use:
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Oral: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.*
Topical: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
More on Lavender: Lavender French is an evergreen, woody shrub, up to 1 meter tall, with pale green, narrow linear leaves and violet blue flowers. Lavender oil has been used and cherished for centuries, Herbalists regard it as the most useful and versatile essential oil for therapeutic purposes. In ancient times, the Egyptians and Romans used Lavender for bathing, relaxation, cooking and as a perfume. Its calming and relaxing qualities continue to be Lavender's most notable attributes.
**All Our Essential Oils are 100% Pure & Therapeutic Grade unless noted**
General: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctors care, consult your physician before use. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.